Jennie Garth Attributes Weight Loss to Post-Divorce Stress
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA1 of 16
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: R Wong/StarTraks3 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Rick Diamond/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America7 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin8 of 16
- Photo: Jennie Garth/Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: HGTV/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: © RD / Orchon/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin12 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks13 of 16
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP15 of 16
Jennie Garth's sudden slim-down raised a few eyebrows earlier this week, but the "Eleventh Victim" actress insists she's perfectly healthy.
According to Garth, 40, her recent weight loss is a result of her March split with Peter Facinelli, 38, her husband of 11 years and the father of her three daughters, Luca, 15, Lola, 9, and Fiona, 5.
"I've been certainly going through a transitional time in my life, and I think anybody who has been through something like what I'm going through, and have been going through for the past couple years, can definitely relate that your body changes with your emotional state of mind sometimes," she told ET Canada on Aug. 8. "I think a lot of women can relate to that."
Garth, who romanced HGTV star Antonio Ballatore post-divorce, added that she's trying to encourage her girls to eat healthier, too.
"There's lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. We have so many fruits at our ranch where we've been living, so eating healthy, especially with three girls -- body image is something that I try to set a good example for them," Garth explained.
"Every one of my girls is a different size and shape, and I want them to be comfortable in their own skin and be healthy-minded as well as physically."
Garth has been focused on her fitness, and in May, she tweeted that her trainer "made me flip a ginormous tractor tire over. Like 50 times. I feel like Mr. T."
Despite her tinier frame, a source tells Us Weekly that Garth "doesn't look too skinny in person. ... She looks like the old Jennie."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
No More Kids!
Gwen Stefani chats completing her family with son Apollo, life's biggest surprises, scary fashion mishaps and more!Watch Video »
The Backstreet Boys chat about their raw documentary and if band life is as fun now as it was in the '90s.Watch Video »
Who's That Girl?
Get the scoop on everything you need to know about Gigi Hadid on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the mother-daughter duo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Watch as Chaz Bono talks about his documentary about his gender reassignment surgery.Watch Video »
Gavin DeGraw talks about the Folgers' jingle contest, 'Dancing with the Stars' and more with Wonderwall Editor Stacie Anthony.Watch Video »