Jennie Garth Opens Up About Failed Marriage
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.1 of 19
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disney/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com8 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP9 of 19
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com13 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN18 of 19
Jennie Garth reveals in a new interview that her husband Peter Facinelli first asked for a divorce last fall, but at the time she refused to go along with it.
Speaking to People magazine, Garth said in the beginning she was "very resistant" to Facinelli's desire to split. "I didn't want it to happen. It took me some time to come to peace with it," she said.
The couple married in 2001 and defied Hollywood marriage odds by remaining together for a decade and having three lovely daughters together. But as Facinelli's career began taking off in recent years, the couple was
forced to spend more time apart. "He would do everything he could to fly back every weekend, [But] it took a real toll on our marriage," Garth said.
She tells the magazine that since the divorce she has "gone through my darkest parts," although she adds that she's coping better now and is happy to be working on her new reality show, CMT's Little Bit Country. "I'm okay. I don't know what the future holds, but then I've never been a planner. And maybe that's a good thing."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Amanda Seyfried, Mark Wahlberg and co-stars dish on the cruel dognapping that went down on the "Ted 2" set with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »