Jennie Garth Opens Up About Failed Marriage
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Ltd.1 of 19
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Disney/Invision/AP2 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN3 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN4 of 19
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP5 of 19
- Photo: Diane Bondareff/Invision/AP6 of 19
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com7 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com8 of 19
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP9 of 19
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN10 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN11 of 19
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com13 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 19
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN16 of 19
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN18 of 19
Jennie Garth reveals in a new interview that her husband Peter Facinelli first asked for a divorce last fall, but at the time she refused to go along with it.
Speaking to People magazine, Garth said in the beginning she was "very resistant" to Facinelli's desire to split. "I didn't want it to happen. It took me some time to come to peace with it," she said.
The couple married in 2001 and defied Hollywood marriage odds by remaining together for a decade and having three lovely daughters together. But as Facinelli's career began taking off in recent years, the couple was
forced to spend more time apart. "He would do everything he could to fly back every weekend, [But] it took a real toll on our marriage," Garth said.
She tells the magazine that since the divorce she has "gone through my darkest parts," although she adds that she's coping better now and is happy to be working on her new reality show, CMT's Little Bit Country. "I'm okay. I don't know what the future holds, but then I've never been a planner. And maybe that's a good thing."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »