'Jersey Shore' star OK'd for pretrial intervention
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN1 of 22
- Photo: Mario & Luigi/WENN2 of 22
- Photo: Mr O/Splash News3 of 22
- Photo: WENN4 of 22
- Photo: MTV/Promotional5 of 22
- Photo: Splash News6 of 22
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News7 of 22
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage8 of 22
- Photo: Wagner Az/PacificCoastNews.com9 of 22
- Photo: Splash News10 of 22
- Photo: Splash News11 of 22
- Photo: MTV/.12 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN13 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/http://www.wenn.com/14 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN15 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN16 of 22
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN17 of 22
- Photo: MTV/Promotional18 of 22
- Photo: MTV/Promotional19 of 22
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin20 of 22
- Photo: YouTube/.21 of 22
TOMS RIVER, N.J. (AP) -- "Jersey Shore" cast member Ronnie Ortiz-Magro has been admitted into a pretrial intervention program that will allow him to avoid a criminal record for an assault that was shown on the first season of the MTV reality series.
The 25-year-old New York City resident appeared Monday in New Jersey Superior Court in Toms River.
Judge Stephanie Wauters told Ortiz-Magro that he'd be in the program for 18 months and asked if he'd be willing to do community service during that time.
RELATED: Check out the most awkward celeb PDA
The Asbury Park Press reports that he said he would, though the judge did not specify what or how much.
Ortiz-Magro was charged after a September 2009 fight outside a Seaside Heights nightclub.
He and other cast members recently returned to Seaside Heights to film the show's fifth season.
RELATED: Check out the hottest celeb bods
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »