'Modern Family' star Jesse Tyler Ferguson to marry in July
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Brian To/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Paul Hiffmeyer/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: @JesseTylerFerguson/Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: Joe Kohen/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
"Modern Family" star Jesse Tyler Ferguson is rushing to put the finishing touches to his wedding plans as he prepares to marry his fiance Justin Mikita in July.
The openly gay actor proposed to the lawyer last year, and Ferguson says their trip down the aisle is now just weeks away. During an appearance on "The View" on Friday, he said, "We're getting married next month. Very exciting. ... We have 250 people coming!"
RELATED: 2012 Hottest Emmy Couples
The nuptials will take place in New York, where gay marriage was legalized in 2011, and Ferguson reveals they briefly considered changing the location after Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage, was ruled unconstitutional on Wednesday.
RELATED: Anderson Cooper: 'I'm Gay'
He explained, "We planned on getting married in New York 'cause that's where it was legal; it wasn't legal in California up until yesterday. Weddings are expensive y'all, and we wanted to give that money to a state that accepted us as an equal. ... We're too far down the planning path to change."
In lieu of wedding gifts, the pair is asking for donations to its marriage equality charity Tie The Knot to help other same-sex couples win the same rights in other states.
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'RHONY' Return?
From Crowd Ignite