Jessica Simpson expands empire to include maternity line; launches tween line with sister Ashlee
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks2 of 18
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks4 of 18
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks6 of 18
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin7 of 18
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin8 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com10 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks11 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com12 of 18
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks13 of 18
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News14 of 18
- Photo: Wagner Az/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 18
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com16 of 18
- Photo: Invision/AP17 of 18
By Chris Gardner
Jessica Simpson is growing her fashion empire right along with her expanding baby bump.
On Thursday night in New York, Simpson stopped into massive sweets store Dylan's Candy Bar to promote the launch of Jessica Simpson Girls, a joint tween fashion line with sister Ashlee, produced by the Jones Group Inc. At the event, she told fashion trade publication Women's Wear Daily how being pregnant has been good for her fashion business. In addition to the girls line, which hit stores in time for the holidays, Simpson has just signed a contract for a new maternity line and closed a deal to design girls footwear.
Simpson, who is expecting a baby with fiancé and former NFL player Eric Johnson, also revealed that she is due to find out the sex of her baby on Monday. And not only will tabloid editors be on high alert to hear the news, but consumers should too. If she's carrying a boy, Simpson says, she'll likely add a boys clothing line to her Jessica Simpson line. And if it's a girl? Well, she's now got that covered for the most part -- but then again, there's always room for more when it comes to clothing adorned with her famous moniker.
The maternity and tween lines add to Simpson's massive merchandising résumé. Her Jessica Simpson Collection already includes shoes, boots, handbags, apparel, coats, dresses, jewelry, shoes, fragrances, accessories and luggage. She told WWD that she was also in New York to prep her spring 2013 women's collection.
But more about that baby.
Simpson told People at the event that she has a hunch she's carrying a girl, but her fiancé said he's convinced it's a boy. "We're pretty much at a standstill there," he told the mag at the party.
Either way, one thing is certain: That kid is going to be well-dressed. And rich.
RELATED: Jessica Simpson's Toilet TMI
Earlier this year, it was reported that Simpson's fashion business pulled in $750 million in 2010, with projects for 2011 expected to cross the $1 billion mark.
Check out Keri Russell's sexy wardrobe!Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the pop star's post-engagement glow on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Diane Kruger, Margot Robbie, and Lindsay Lohan all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Pink and the Kardashians take spring break early this year on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chris Hemsworth and his daughter play at the beach on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Miley Cyrus, Nikki Reed, and Jennifer Lawrence all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »