Jessica Simpson Faces Backlash After Sharing Maxwell's Bikini Pic
- Photo: Katie/American Broadcasting Companies1 of 21
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 21
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 21
- Photo: BJJ/Crown/Fame Flynet4 of 21
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN.com/WENN5 of 21
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter6 of 21
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks7 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 21
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: BJJ/Crown/Fame Flynet10 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 21
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 21
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage13 of 21
- Photo: Fame Pictures14 of 21
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP15 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage16 of 21
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA17 of 21
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage18 of 21
- Photo: Twitter/.19 of 21
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com20 of 21
Jessica Simpson is dealing with some major backlash after sharing a photo of her baby girl, 4-month-old Maxwell, wearing a yellow knit two-piece over her diaper on "Katie," Katie Couric's new talk show. After the singer, actress and designer's interview aired Monday, internet commenters -- as well as one British child welfare group -- took to the web to voice their concerns, outraged by the photo they believed to be "inappropriate."
British charity Kidscape spoke to the Daily Mail about why they took issue with the picture.
"It is very disturbing to see a young baby presented to the world wearing a bikini," the group's director, Claude Knights, told the paper. "Celebrity choices carry great influence, as can be seen by the manner in which their accessories and manners are copied widely."
Added Knights, "It is hoped that parents will understand that 'baby bikinis' are totally inappropriate and that they contribute to the sexualization and commercialization of childhood. We should not be compromising the sanctity of our children's early years."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Style Moments '14
From Kerry Washington to Emma Watson, check out the biggest style moments of 2014.Watch Video »
Check out Hilary's Frenchie plus more of the cutest celebri-pups to make their debut on social media in 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out The Rock's best Instagram videos of 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Penelope + North
Kim Kardashian chaperones North and Penelope as the family celebrates Mason's fifth birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
Paparazzi hound Candance Cameron Bure about hockey, God and her brother Kirk.Watch Video »
Check out Rebel Wilson's funniest red carpet faces.Watch Video »
Big Apple Trip
Get the scoop on Prince William and Duchess Kate's trip to the Big Apple.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Bod!
From Crowd Ignite