Jessica Simpson Faces Backlash After Sharing Maxwell's Bikini Pic
- Photo: Katie/American Broadcasting Companies1 of 21
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 21
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 21
- Photo: BJJ/Crown/Fame Flynet4 of 21
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN.com/WENN5 of 21
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter6 of 21
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks7 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 21
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: BJJ/Crown/Fame Flynet10 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 21
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 21
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage13 of 21
- Photo: Fame Pictures14 of 21
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP15 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage16 of 21
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA17 of 21
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage18 of 21
- Photo: Twitter/.19 of 21
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com20 of 21
Jessica Simpson is dealing with some major backlash after sharing a photo of her baby girl, 4-month-old Maxwell, wearing a yellow knit two-piece over her diaper on "Katie," Katie Couric's new talk show. After the singer, actress and designer's interview aired Monday, internet commenters -- as well as one British child welfare group -- took to the web to voice their concerns, outraged by the photo they believed to be "inappropriate."
British charity Kidscape spoke to the Daily Mail about why they took issue with the picture.
"It is very disturbing to see a young baby presented to the world wearing a bikini," the group's director, Claude Knights, told the paper. "Celebrity choices carry great influence, as can be seen by the manner in which their accessories and manners are copied widely."
Added Knights, "It is hoped that parents will understand that 'baby bikinis' are totally inappropriate and that they contribute to the sexualization and commercialization of childhood. We should not be compromising the sanctity of our children's early years."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSandra's Secret
From Crowd Ignite