Jessica Simpson Faces Backlash After Sharing Maxwell's Bikini Pic
- Photo: Katie/American Broadcasting Companies1 of 21
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage2 of 21
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage3 of 21
- Photo: BJJ/Crown/Fame Flynet4 of 21
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN.com/WENN5 of 21
- Photo: @JessicaSimpson/Twitter6 of 21
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks7 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 21
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: BJJ/Crown/Fame Flynet10 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 21
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.12 of 21
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage13 of 21
- Photo: Fame Pictures14 of 21
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP15 of 21
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage16 of 21
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA17 of 21
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage18 of 21
- Photo: Twitter/.19 of 21
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com20 of 21
Jessica Simpson is dealing with some major backlash after sharing a photo of her baby girl, 4-month-old Maxwell, wearing a yellow knit two-piece over her diaper on "Katie," Katie Couric's new talk show. After the singer, actress and designer's interview aired Monday, internet commenters -- as well as one British child welfare group -- took to the web to voice their concerns, outraged by the photo they believed to be "inappropriate."
British charity Kidscape spoke to the Daily Mail about why they took issue with the picture.
"It is very disturbing to see a young baby presented to the world wearing a bikini," the group's director, Claude Knights, told the paper. "Celebrity choices carry great influence, as can be seen by the manner in which their accessories and manners are copied widely."
Added Knights, "It is hoped that parents will understand that 'baby bikinis' are totally inappropriate and that they contribute to the sexualization and commercialization of childhood. We should not be compromising the sanctity of our children's early years."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »