- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 25
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks2 of 25
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 25
- Photo: Jessica Simpson/Twitter/WENN4 of 25
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN5 of 25
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage6 of 25
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN7 of 25
- Photo: NC1/WENN8 of 25
- Photo: Miguel/Goodwin/Fame Flynet9 of 25
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures10 of 25
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage11 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 25
- Photo: Sam Sharma/Pacific Coast News13 of 25
- Photo: ©Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 25
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com15 of 25
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks16 of 25
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News17 of 25
- Photo: Wagner Az/PacificCoastNews.com18 of 25
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com19 of 25
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com20 of 25
- Photo: Tom Meinelt-Jason Winslow/Splash News21 of 25
- Photo: Meinelt/Winslow/Splash News22 of 25
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News23 of 25
- Photo: Courtesy Jessica Simpson/.24 of 25
Maxwell Drew Johnson has a maximum appetite!
Just one day old, Jessica Simpson's baby daughter (who weighed 9 pounds, 13 ounces at birth) is "eating like a champ and has a big appetite" while staying with Mom at the hospital, a source tells Us Weekly.
"The birth went smoothly," the source says of Maxwell, born Tuesday morning at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.
The singer-designer, 31, and her fiance, Eric Johnson, "are over the moon about the baby," the insider says.
Although she's set to remain at the hospital for "the next few days" to recover, Simpson "is already up and walking around," the source adds -- and bonding with her little girl.
"Everyone is marveling at what a natural Jessica is," the source tells Us. "She was born to be a mom!"
As previously reported, Simpson's family -- parents Joe and Tina, sister Ashlee -- and Johnson's parents were in the hospital for the baby's birth. "That's how Jessica and Eric wanted it," explains the insider
One rumor that's apparently unfounded: TMZ's claim that Simpson et al are ensconced in a super-luxe birthing suite costing nearly $3,800 a night (more than the $3,200-a-night New York suite used by Beyonce and Blue Ivy Carter in January).
"She does have a suite at Cedars, but it is definitely not in the $4,000-a-night price range," the insider says.
Gushed Simpson and former NFL tight end Johnson, 32, in their Tuesday birth announcement, "We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives!"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
Check out the biggest celeb makeup mistakes.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Channing Tatum, Joe Manganiello and co-stars dish on being naked and wearing thongs on the set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBod Moments
From Crowd Ignite