- Photo: Paola Kudacki/GQ1 of 4
- Photo: Paola Kudacki/GQ2 of 4
- Photo: Paola Kudacki/GQ3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Dana Flax
With two hit television shows ("Community" and "The Soup," natch) and a part in the film "The Informant!," Joel McHale has already made it into comedy heaven. So how does he reconcile the fact that he's a celebrity now ... kind of like the ones he makes fun of on TV? GQ interviewed Joel for their November issue (on stands now), so read on for the excerpts below (including one about a Ryan Seacrest-performed bris, no joke) and then see the rest of the content -- including some snazzy winter suits -- on GQ.com now.
On his predetermined comedy career destiny:
"This is very Catholic of me, but it's all gonna end."
His "Informant!" director Steven Soderbergh, um, probably knew him from "The Soup." Maybe?:
"I don't think he knew who I was. When we were waiting to hear, my agent sent me an e-mail: 'Light a candle.'"
On the U.S.'s carbohydrate capital, Decatur, Ill. (where he filmed "The Informant"):
"The whole place smells like breakfast cereal because of the processing at ADM. There's an enormous lake. People say it's toxic. They have signs like: 'Come to the Lakefront Restaurant. Do Not Touch the Water.' But the town is cute!"
His "Community" co-star Chevy Chase may know Hollywood royalty, but Joel knows that first mean reality show chick:
"He has better stories than anybody. He'll be like, 'When I was playing pool with Paul Newman ...' And I'm like, 'Well, Chase, I shot a commercial with Omarosa from "The Apprentice." Top that!'"
On why Ryan Seacrest makes the perfect butt-of-the-joke (if you needed any clarification):
"Because he's the face of E! He has a pile of money that goes up to Jupiter. And he has all of the other jobs available in Hollywood. He's performing a bris this weekend in Brentwood."
More on Wonderwall:
More on GQ.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite