John Stamos Describes Hairspray Role As 'Sort Of Like A Straight Ryan Seacrest'
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Garth Vaughan/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ABC/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP15 of 16
Did he really say that?
John Stamos, appearing on Wednesday's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" to promote his upcoming production of "Hairspray" at the Hollywood Bowl, raised eyebrows in describing his role in the iconic musical.
"I play Corny Collins, he's sort of a DJ, he hosts a music show,” Stamos said. “Sort of like a straight Ryan Seacrest!"
"Ryan's a friend, we've kissed," Stamos joked of Seacrest, who's dating gorgeous dancer Julianne Hough.
The hunky "Full House" star, 47, also told Kimmel how his teen nephew Blake constantly texts him for advice with the ladies.
Stamos said Blake recently texted him telling him he was on the beach in Hawaii and had a beautiful girl in his sights.
John's response? "Go over, say 'Hi' and tell her your uncle's John Stamos!"
"Hairspray" -- also featuring Corbin Bleu, Drew Carey and Harvey Fierstein -- plays at the Hollywood Bowl from August 5-7.
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »