John Stamos Describes Hairspray Role As 'Sort Of Like A Straight Ryan Seacrest'
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Garth Vaughan/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ABC/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP15 of 16
Did he really say that?
John Stamos, appearing on Wednesday's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" to promote his upcoming production of "Hairspray" at the Hollywood Bowl, raised eyebrows in describing his role in the iconic musical.
"I play Corny Collins, he's sort of a DJ, he hosts a music show,” Stamos said. “Sort of like a straight Ryan Seacrest!"
"Ryan's a friend, we've kissed," Stamos joked of Seacrest, who's dating gorgeous dancer Julianne Hough.
The hunky "Full House" star, 47, also told Kimmel how his teen nephew Blake constantly texts him for advice with the ladies.
Stamos said Blake recently texted him telling him he was on the beach in Hawaii and had a beautiful girl in his sights.
John's response? "Go over, say 'Hi' and tell her your uncle's John Stamos!"
"Hairspray" -- also featuring Corbin Bleu, Drew Carey and Harvey Fierstein -- plays at the Hollywood Bowl from August 5-7.
Best Beach Bodies
From Ryan Phillippe to Sofia Vergara, see which stars had the most enviable beach bodies in 2014.Watch Video »
Worst Fashion '14
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
An in depth look at Jessica Alba wearing Proenza Schouler at the Valentines Day Premiere.Watch Video »