John Stamos Describes Hairspray Role As 'Sort Of Like A Straight Ryan Seacrest'
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Garth Vaughan/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.7 of 16
- Photo: Ralph Notaro/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: ABC/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter10 of 16
- Photo: Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: @ryanseacrest/Twitter12 of 16
- Photo: Julie Jacobson/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP15 of 16
Did he really say that?
John Stamos, appearing on Wednesday's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" to promote his upcoming production of "Hairspray" at the Hollywood Bowl, raised eyebrows in describing his role in the iconic musical.
"I play Corny Collins, he's sort of a DJ, he hosts a music show,” Stamos said. “Sort of like a straight Ryan Seacrest!"
"Ryan's a friend, we've kissed," Stamos joked of Seacrest, who's dating gorgeous dancer Julianne Hough.
The hunky "Full House" star, 47, also told Kimmel how his teen nephew Blake constantly texts him for advice with the ladies.
Stamos said Blake recently texted him telling him he was on the beach in Hawaii and had a beautiful girl in his sights.
John's response? "Go over, say 'Hi' and tell her your uncle's John Stamos!"
"Hairspray" -- also featuring Corbin Bleu, Drew Carey and Harvey Fierstein -- plays at the Hollywood Bowl from August 5-7.
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »