Jon Cryer's ex-wife wants $88,000-a-month in child support
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/Wonderwall1 of 12
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 12
- Photo: Brian To/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: JMF/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin6 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/Promotional10 of 12
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Jon Cryer's ex-wife has accused the actor of making their son a subject of ridicule at school because his child support payments aren't enough to cover expensive holidays and parties, reports TMZ.
In 2011, the "Two and a Half Men" star was ordered to pay $8,000-a-month to his ex-wife, Sarah Trigger, to cover the costs of bringing up their 13-year-old son, Charlie Austin.
Cryer tried to appeal the decision, insisting Trigger only looked after their son four percent of the time. However, she has filed new papers for the amount to be increased, asking for $88,969-a-month.
In documents, Trigger claims Charlie is suffering because he can't keep up with his wealthy school friends who enjoy "exotic vacations in the summer and winter like Europe and Thailand."
Trigger also notes how the boy's classmates throw lavish birthday parties and Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, the likes of which she can't afford to compete with given the amount Cryer provides her.
The documents allege Trigger, who contends that Cryer is pocketing around $2 million a month, needs the child support boost as she now looks after Charlie 50 percent of the time.
Cryer and Trigger divorced in 2004. In 2009, she was arrested for suspicion of child abuse in an incident involving another child, and in 2010 was investigated over threats leveled at the Emmy-winning actor (she vehemently denied the allegations).
Cryer married showbiz reporter Lisa Joyner in 2007, and they have a daughter, Daisy.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite