Jon Gosselin Denies Cheating on Kate Gosselin, Says Kids Have Problems 'Developmentally'
- Photo: AB1/WENN1 of 28
- Photo: WENN2 of 28
- Photo: GARDINER ANDERSON/CARLOS VILA/Bauer-Griffin3 of 28
- Photo: WENN4 of 28
- Photo: NC1/WENN5 of 28
- Photo: TLC/Promotional6 of 28
- Photo: Gene Young/Splash News7 of 28
- Photo: InTouchWeekly/.8 of 28
- Photo: StClair/Macpherson/Splash News9 of 28
- Photo: Starsurf/Splash News10 of 28
- Photo: SMartinez/WENN11 of 28
- Photo: Lisa Wagner/Splash News12 of 28
- Photo: TLC/ Darren Modricker/Promotional13 of 28
- Photo: Johnstone/St. Clair/Splash News14 of 28
- Photo: Splash News15 of 28
- Photo: Tom Vickers/Splash News16 of 28
- Photo: GINO/GSI17 of 28
- Photo: Harpo Productions/Promotional18 of 28
- Photo: @kimkardashian/Instagram19 of 28
- Photo: George Burns/Harpo Productions, Inc./USMagazine20 of 28
- Photo: FS2/WENN21 of 28
- Photo: Macca/Splash News22 of 28
- Photo: Twitter/.23 of 28
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage24 of 28
- Photo: DJDM/WENN25 of 28
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks26 of 28
- Photo: TLC/Promotional27 of 28
Is 15 minutes of fame worth a lifetime of repercussions? Jon and Kate Gosselin learned the hard way that there's a dark side to living in the spotlight. In a Nov. 3 interview for Oprah Winfrey's OWN show "Where Are They Now?," Jon opened up about how filming his family's reality TV series "Jon and Kate Plus 8" damaged his marriage, his reputation, and his eight young children.
"It just became stressful on the kids and stressful on me," the former star, 36, said of the show, which aired from 2007 to 2011 on TLC. (In its last two seasons, after the Gosselins' 2009 divorce, it was renamed "Kate Plus 8.") "You're trying to keep your marriage together, and you're trying to keep your family ties together."
Now making ends meet as a waiter in rural Pennsylvania, Jon said his children -- twins Cara and Mady, 13, and 9-year-old sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah, and Joel -- may have suffered the most. "I saw my kids not growing up normally, like I grew up, and having community," he confessed.
"Yes, they got to travel the world, and yes, they got these fabulous things, and yes, they have trust funds, and they're taken care of educationally. Great," he continued. "But developmentally, they have problems with their peers, and they have problems with talking to other people, and they have problems with wants and needs and manners and morals and what's right and what's wrong. I think more so than someone who grows up off TV."
Jon's own sense of self was shredded, too, by rumors that he had an affair while still married to Kate. "The most common misperception [is] that I cheated on my wife, that I left my family, that I'm a party boy," he told Winfrey. "But my family knows the truth."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
DIY Celeb Makeup
Learn how to recreate Emmy Rossum's fresh-faced look on Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Hunks
From Crowd Ignite