Jon Hamm: I'd Be a Terrible Father
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: © Tony DiMaio/Retna Ltd.2 of 15
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage4 of 15
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 15
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: © Byron Purvis / AdMedia/Retna Ltd.8 of 15
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin9 of 15
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: ME/CPR/Fame Flynet11 of 15
- Photo: JERC/Fame Flynet12 of 15
- Photo: GENIUS/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: WENN14 of 15
Jon Hamm has plenty of friends with kids -- and he's not interested in having any of his own, thank you very much.
"I'd be a terrible father!" the "Mad Men" hunk, 41, tells Us Weekly. (As Don Draper on AMC's smash, the Golden Globe-winning actor plays a devoted if tortured father of three.)
Explains Hamm, now on the big screen in "Friends with Kids," costarring and directed by Jennifer Westfeldt, his love of 14 years,"I see my friends who have children and I'm like, 'Dude, how are you even upright, much less here at work at 6 a.m.?'"
One of those friends with kids is January Jones, who plays his frosty ex-wife Betty on the show, who has a six-month-old son, Xander.
"Xander's cute as a button!" Hamm raves.
Hamm's girlfriend Westfeldt, 42, recently mused to the New York Times about why they never started a family.
"I've thought about this a lot lately. I never thought I'd be this age and not have kids," Westfeldt confessed. "But my life has also gone in a million ways I never anticipated. I kept feeling like I'd wake up with absolute clarity, and I haven't. And we have a pretty great life together. The chance that we'll regret it doesn't seem like a compelling enough reason to do it. I may wake up tomorrow with that lighting bolt, and I'll have to scramble to make it happen."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »