Jon Hamm addresses upcoming vocal cord procedure: 'I'm fine'
- Photo: Joe Kohen/Wonderwall1 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Patriot Pics/Fame Flynet5 of 13
- Photo: GSI6 of 13
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 13
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: RD / Xavier Collin/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Apollo/Zeus/Fame Flynet12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Jon Hamm says he's "fine" despite an upcoming procedure to remove a polyp on his vocal cords.
RELATED: Jon Hamm at the Emmys
"It's a simple injury," said a raspy-sounding Hamm in an interview Thursday. "Something that develops on your vocal cord from overuse because I talk a lot."
"Other than that, believe it or not, I'm healthy as a horse. Hoarse, get it?" he joked.
Hamm's publicist, Erica Gray, said he will undergo a routine outpatient procedure.
The condition hasn't slowed down the 42-year-old "Mad Men" star, who was nominated for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series at Sunday's Emmy Awards. Hamm lost to Jeff Daniels of the HBO drama "The Newsroom."
"I'm OK with the results. I'm super-happy that Jeff won. I think his work is phenomenal," Hamm said. "I'm unabashed in my fandom for television, so I had a great Emmys. I like going there and seeing a bunch of people and seeing my friends and it was fun. I got to present with Alec Baldwin. How fun is that?"
RELATED: Hunkiest duos
Ever the good sport, Hamm and actress Amy Poehler decided to throw a party for Emmy losers. To gain entry, winners were required to leave their trophies at the door and make a $1,000 donation to charity.
Much to Hamm's surprise, it was his new facial hair that made headlines the following day.
"I was out of the country and out of town for like four and a half months working, and I was tired and so I came home and I was like, 'I'm not going to do anything. I'm not going to even shave,'" he said of his new full-bearded look. "I guess that constitutes news."
Part of his time abroad included filming the second season of "A Young Doctor's Notebook" in the U.K.
The miniseries, which also stars Daniel Radcliffe, is based on a collection of short stories by Russian playwright Mikhail Bulgakov.
"The show itself is very dark, but darkly comic and gory and fun," Hamm said. "It's not going to get the audience that watches 'Honey Boo-Boo,' which is fine."
The first season of "A Young Doctor's Notebook" premieres Oct. 2 on Ovation.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite