Judge Judy settles china lawsuit
- Photo: IZ2/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: DAMIAN DOVARGANES/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Ivan Nikolov/WENN3 of 5
- Photo: WENN4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Judge Judy has ended a legal spat over used china by handing the goods back, just days after she was hit with a lawsuit over the collection.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
The TV judge, real name Judith Sheindlin, was accused of buying pricey Christofle tableware worth more than $500,000 from her show's producer Randy Douthit for a bargain $50,000, without his estranged wife Patric Jones' consent. Jones sued Sheindlin for punitive damages and demanded the return of the china or payment to cover the difference, but the former family court judge has decided to hand back the plates and walk away from the feud.
In a statement released to TMZ, Judge Judy says, "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband (sic) and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me. She and her attorney want a circus, and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."
RELATED: Jude Law sues fireplace company
Sheindlin appears to suggest she has not been compensated for the $50,000 she paid, adding, "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court. Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite