Julie Bowen steps out without makeup, helps a homeless man
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 12
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP2 of 12
- Photo: Michael Kovac/Getty Images North America3 of 12
- Photo: John Konkal/.4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP6 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP10 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP11 of 12
Julie Bowen is enjoying some time off before "Modern Family" begins production on its fifth season later this summer. The actress, 43, was photographed without makeup while getting frozen yogurt in in L.A. on Wednesday. Wearing drawstring pants, a blue cardigan and pink sandals, the TV star also opened her wallet and handed a homeless man $20 before getting into her car.
In recent weeks, Bowen has been in mommy mode. On June 18, she used Twitter to thank the doctors and nurses at Cottage Hospital for taking care of one of her twin sons. "Gus is an appendix lighter but well on the mend," she wrote. "We are grateful." (Bowen and husband Scott Phillips, a real estate investor and software developer, are parents to twins Gus and John, 4, and Oliver, 6.)
On July 1, her boys' health seemed to be getting worse. "Vomiting? Appendicitis? Five-day fevers? Lice? Is it the end of days?" the actress tweeted. "Nope, just the last two weeks with my boys."
Bowen informed her Twitter followers that her kids were feeling "healthy" again on Independence Day. "Happy birthday America," the two-time Emmy Award winner wrote on Thursday, July 4. "You look good today."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »