Kardashian sisters launch legal war with stepmother over leaked diaries
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RAAK STFN/GSI2 of 11
- Photo: Vasquez/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: KR4/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: KAMA/GSI5 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: Sun Kissed/Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America9 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Kim, Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian are suing their stepmother for leaking excerpts from their late father's journal.
RELATED: Kim's tightest looks
Ellen Pearson handed over diary extracts to sister magazines In Touch and Life & Style for an expose on alleged infidelities that ended lawyer Robert Kardashian's marriage to Kris Jenner.
The journal entries detailed Kardashian's feelings about his wife's alleged extra-marital affair.
Now the siblings are suing Pearson claiming the copyrighted property belongs to them, and she had no right in allowing the magazines to publish extracts.
In a lawsuit filed in California on Thursday, the Kardashian sisters and Jenner claim Pearson has engineered a "despicable and unlawful scheme to hold in secret and convert, and now exploit ... private personal and copyright protected" documents.
RELATED: Khloe's hottest looks
According to the complaint, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Kardashian bequeathed the "bulk of his personal tangible and intangible property" to his four children, and, as a result, the diary and family photo albums are "incontestably" their inheritance and property.
The sisters and their mother claim Pearson kept these belongings "with the express intent to one-day capitalize and exploit the valuable property."
The Kardashians insist they had no knowledge of the diary until extracts were published in February, and they have accused Pearson of attempting to "peddle and exploit ... the private and valuable personal papers of Robert Kardashian."
The sisters are suing for conversion and copyright infringement and at least $500,000 in damages, profits, statutory damages, punitive and exemplary damages.
RELATED: Who wore it better: Kim vs. Kourtney
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite