Katherine Heigl to Leave 'Grey's Anatomy': Report
- Photo: Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: James Whatling/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Katherine Heigl may be getting ready to check out, at last, from "Grey's Anatomy."
Citing sources, Entertainment Weekly reports that the ABC show's creator, Shonda Rimes, has agreed to release Heigl from her contract; a final exit agreement still needs to be worked out.
Heigl had been on leave from the hit show while she tended to her film career as well as her newly- adopted daughter, Naleigh, but was scheduled to resume shooting episodes March 1.
EW.com reports the actress never appeared at the studio on or after that date, and she may end up not shooting any additional episodes. An ABC rep declined to comment.
The rising star's relationship with the series has been increasingly bumpy over the years. In 2008, Heigl pulled herself out of the running for the Emmys, complaining that that she wasn't given any "material ... to warrant a nomination."
Last summer, she told David Letterman that the "17-hour work day" on the show was "cruel and mean."
More on Wonderwall:
More on Usmagazine.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite