Katie Couric bedeviled by strange 911 calls
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 10
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 10
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Marion Curtis/Invision/AP4 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com7 of 10
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Adriel Reboh/.9 of 10
NEW YORK (AP) -- Katie Couric is losing sleep over some odd 911 calls.
RELATED: Best bikini Twitpics
New York City police said Thursday they had been called to Couric's Manhattan home several times recently because of 911 calls traced to a phone listed there. The 911 operator hears only static, but police are compelled to answer each call.
The calls come on Tuesdays at 2 a.m., as Couric told an audience at her talk show's taping this week.
RELATED: Celebs who've made makeup mistakes
Police say they are investigating whether something's wrong with her phone or if Couric is the victim of a high-tech prankster. Couric called New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly to ask advice on what to do, and is awaiting the results of the investigation.
The calls were first reported in a New York Daily News story headlined "Katie's 911 Hell."
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »