Katie Couric: 'I'm Not Gonna Castrate Miley Cyrus, But...'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Adriel Reboh/.10 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: David Atlas/Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 16
A passionate debate broke out between Whoopi Goldberg and guest host Katie Couric on Wednesday's edition of The View, over whether or not celebs, especially those with younger followings, should be considered role models.
The discussion came in the wake of new pictures showing teen star Miley Cyrus chain-smoking cigarettes.
Couric used Hillary Duff as her example, admitting she'd been a bit concerned, having young children herself at one point, about how their role models could influence their behavior.
Nonsense said Whoopi, who maintained that while she herself is a smoker, she doesn't feel that she's not a good role model for children based on that. Whoopi added that parents who are overly concerned with outside influences should re-focus their efforts towards their own influence with their kin.
Couric then said, "I'm not gonna castrate Miley Cyrus, but …" to which Barbara Walters chimed in, "After this I'm gonna talk to you about sex …"
Couric said she's now working for the ABC news department until her new talk show premieres in September, 2012.
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »