Katie Couric: 'I'm Not Gonna Castrate Miley Cyrus, But...'
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Silvia Izquierdo/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: @mileycyrus/Twitter4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Splash News6 of 16
- Photo: GVK/MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: GCA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Adriel Reboh/.10 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: .12 of 16
- Photo: David Atlas/Retna Digital13 of 16
- Photo: Frederick M. Brown/GettyImages.com14 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 16
A passionate debate broke out between Whoopi Goldberg and guest host Katie Couric on Wednesday's edition of The View, over whether or not celebs, especially those with younger followings, should be considered role models.
The discussion came in the wake of new pictures showing teen star Miley Cyrus chain-smoking cigarettes.
Couric used Hillary Duff as her example, admitting she'd been a bit concerned, having young children herself at one point, about how their role models could influence their behavior.
Nonsense said Whoopi, who maintained that while she herself is a smoker, she doesn't feel that she's not a good role model for children based on that. Whoopi added that parents who are overly concerned with outside influences should re-focus their efforts towards their own influence with their kin.
Couric then said, "I'm not gonna castrate Miley Cyrus, but …" to which Barbara Walters chimed in, "After this I'm gonna talk to you about sex …"
Couric said she's now working for the ABC news department until her new talk show premieres in September, 2012.
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
Naomi Watts dishes on the secret to staying in touch with her inner child and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Check out Christina Aguilera's worst looks from over the years.Watch Video »
From Mariah Carey to Justin Timberlake, check out the most memorable celeb holiday cards from over the years.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Liev Schreiber, Lily Aldridge and more stars spend Sunday Funday with their kids on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Almost a year after divorcing Russell Brand, see how Katy Perry spent the past year as a single lady.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite