Kaylee DeFer gives birth to baby boy with boyfriend Michael Fitzpatrick
- Photo: BT1/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Kaylee DeFer and Michael Fitzpatrick are the proud parents of a baby boy! The "Gossip Girl" actress, 26, and the Fitz and the Tantrums frontman, 43, welcomed their first child together on Friday, a rep for Fitzpatrick's band confirms exclusively to Us Weekly.
Theodore Ignatius Fitzpatrick was born at 10:14 p.m. at 8 pounds and 13 ounces. "Kaylee was a rock star!" the proud new dad said of the birth.
Fitzpatrick was actually scheduled to perform with his band on Friday, but his plans changed when DeFer went into labor. "Hey, San Diego, unfortunately we will not be playing at 91x fest today because FORTUNATELY there is a baby Fitz coming!" a post on the group's Facebook page read. "Thank you so much for understanding. We hope to make it up to you all soon!"
The new mom -- who was previously engaged to jewelry designer Mike Pereria -- first confirmed her pregnancy in early May, telling Us Weekly it was a surprise to both her and her boyfriend. "We weren't planning on getting pregnant, so right now we're just enjoying being pregnant," she explained at the time, noting that they didn't have any plans to marry.
"We think it's a boy. Well, the doctor is 95 percent sure it's a boy. The baby was really shy that day. He was sleeping," she joked. "We had a girl name, and when we found out it was probably a boy, for some reason we felt like we needed to meet him."
DeFer told Us the pregnancy actually came at a great time, since she was thinking about taking a break from acting anyway. "I've been thinking about venturing into new creative outlets," she shared. "Mostly writing, still in the acting genre. I have a lot of time on my hands. I've been wanting to take a break, and now I can do the things I didn't have a chance to do before."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite