Kerry Washington: I Watch What I Eat, Don't Drink Alcohol
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Heather Newgen/Wonderwall2 of 16
- Photo: POA/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: WENN/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Reuters/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA10 of 16
- Photo: JGA/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Comedy Central/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Reuters14 of 16
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Pictures15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
On ABC's hit series 'Scandal," Olivia Pope is perpetually nursing a glass of red wine after a grueling day of tackling clients' problems. But in reality, Kerry Washington says she doesn't drink.
She tells the New York Post, “Who needs those empty calories? I watch what I eat." Washington, who also covers the November Issue of Essence, tells the publication she rarely consumes alcohol -- "I drink maybe twice a year" -- unless she's reunited with her best friends from high school or with girlfriends from her show.
The 36-year-old actress, who stays in shape by doing Pilates, shared with Us Weekly in April as part of her "25 Things" that she also abstains from coffee. Whatever the fresh-faced beauty does in terms of upkeep is working: Washington was named Neutrogena's new creative consultant just last week.
Providing some insight on her otherwise private life (the actress secretly wed NFL player Nnamdi Asomugha in July), Washington says, "I actually live quietly. Work hard. Get bored easily."
She will host "Saturday Night Live" on Nov. 2.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite