Kim and Khloe Kardashian: Our Dad Turned Us Into "The Biggest Trannies"
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: ALBERT MICHAEL/StarTraks3 of 15
- Photo: Alaric Lambert/Invision/AP4 of 15
- Photo: KRIEGER/Bauer-Griffin5 of 15
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks6 of 15
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News7 of 15
- Photo: Russ Einhorn/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: AB1/WENN9 of 15
- Photo: Albert Michael/StarTraks10 of 15
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.11 of 15
- Photo: Tom Meinelt/Splash News12 of 15
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News13 of 15
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
The Kardashian sisters aren't exactly known for their subtlety -- especially when it comes to their heavy makeup.
In an interview with xoJane.com, Kim, 30, says her late father, Robert Kardashian, once hired a professional makeup artist to give them beauty tips.
"He said, 'My daughters are going to start to wear makeup and I want you guys to look at least presentable,' which I thought was really cool," Kim recalls. "And we've turned out to be the biggest trannies because of it."
Unfortunately, not everyone has been on board with the Kardashian sisters' decision to pile on cosmetics.
"We had publicists and people who would tell us, 'Girls, tone it down. Stop wearing all the makeup,'" Kim admits. "But then we would read on our blogs -- like in the comments and everything -- and everyone was like, 'What lipstick is this, what mascara do you use?' We were like, 'We love makeup, so why try and be what we're not?'"
Khloe, 27, doesn't mind the criticism about her glam look.
"We joke and say we are like trannies because we love hair and makeup."
Though they aren't afraid to go au natural, the sisters prefer to be done up when possible.
"I don't think we necessarily need makeup, but we love it," Khloe explains. "But Kim definitely, if you take off what's on her face, her face is the exact same. She doesn't need it. It's just like a mind thing to her."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite