Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Walter McBride/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: .7 of 13
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Paramount Pictures/.9 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Vestron Pictures/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
The truth sometimes hurts, but Kirstie Alley is determined to come clean no matter what.
During the Monday episode of "Entertainment Tonight," the "Dancing With the Stars" contestant, 61, dropped a major bombshell on ET's Chris Jacobs.
Although they were both married at the time, Alley reveals that she and Patrick Swayze -- her co-star in 1985's "North and South" -- began an intense emotional relationship while filming together (Alley was still with her second husband, Parker Stevenson, whom she divorced in 1997).
The "Cheers" alum admits that sparks flew between her and Swayze almost immediately. Though they tried their best to keep from "going down that road," ultimately their connection proved too strong -- and the duo fell in love.
"Both of us were married," Alley says, clarifying that the pair did not technically "have an affair."
"But again, I think what we did was worse," she explains. "Because I think when you fall in love with someone when you're married, you jeopardize your own marriage and their marriage. It's doubly bad."
During her sit-down with Jacobs, Alley says she is still friends with Patrick's wife, Lisa Niemi, but that she's not sure if Niemi, who asked Alley to speak at Swayze's 2009 funeral, knows about their relationship.
It seems Alley has a history of falling for her co-stars: earlier this week, Alley also told Barbara Walters that John Travolta was "the greatest love of my life," and that she fought the urge to "run off and marry John" while the two worked together on the set of 1989's "Look Who's Talking."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Kirstie Alley Reveals She and Patrick Swayze Had Secret Relationship
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite