Lea Michele on 'insane love' for Cory Monteith: I know 'he's watching everything I'm doing'
- Photo: Teen Vogue1 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America2 of 13
- Photo: Youtube/.3 of 13
- Photo: @neneleakes/Instagram4 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com5 of 13
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Rex USA6 of 13
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks7 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 13
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet9 of 13
- Photo: Scylla/CHARYBDIS/Fame Flynet10 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: GVK/NPG12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Cory Monteith may be gone, but Lea Michele feels his presence in her life now more than ever. Six months after his tragic death at age 31, the "Glee" actress is preparing to release her debut album, "Louder," which is rich with reminders of the couple's "insane love" for each other. In a new interview with her BFF Jonathan Groff for the March issue of Teen Vogue, Michele, 27, opens up about moving on from the loss of her costar and real-life boyfriend.
"During 'Glee,' I felt like I was scratching that itch of being an artist. I was at a great place in my life and I was so unbelievably happy -- my relationship with Cory made me feel like I could reach for the stars and more," she tells Groff. "So I was like, 'I'm going to challenge myself and do this record now.'"
Monteith, she says, was "such a fan" of the album while she was recording it. "He would be like, 'You're going to be a pop star! What are we going to do? Are we going to, like, go on the road?'" she recalls. "He would say, 'This is going to be big! And I'd be like, 'I don't know.'"
"He heard every song and gave me notes on everything," she adds. "He loved 'Battlefield.' I'm getting chills thinking about it. I would say 'Burn With You' was his favorite. He came into the studio that day."
Losing him last July -- he died of alcohol and drug toxicity in a Vancouver hotel room -- rocked Michele's world. But she's been able to go on in part because of the connection she still feels with him.
"I somehow feel the insane love Cory and I had for each other morphed into this strength that I have right now," the "Cannonball" singer explains. "There's just something about knowing he's watching everything I'm doing and feeling like I have to do everything now not just for me but for him. I also have a safety net below me -- if I fall or if it's too much, my friends and family will be there to catch me."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite