Lea Michele Spotted With New Boyfriend Matthew Paetz: 'It's an Honest and Happy Relationship'
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage1 of 31
- Photo: @msleamichele/Instagram2 of 31
- Photo: @msleamichele/Twitter3 of 31
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 31
- Photo: @msleamichele/Instagram5 of 31
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA6 of 31
- Photo: msleamichele/Twitter7 of 31
- Photo: AB1/WENN8 of 31
- Photo: KH1/WENN9 of 31
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP10 of 31
- Photo: Faye Sadou/UPA/Retna Ltd.11 of 31
- Photo: @msleamichele/Twitter12 of 31
- Photo: msleamichele/Instagram13 of 31
- Photo: msleamichele/Instagram14 of 31
- Photo: Jose Perez/Pacific Coast News15 of 31
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP16 of 31
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/WENN17 of 31
- Photo: Survivor/Pacific Coast News18 of 31
- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet19 of 31
- Photo: Premiere/Fame Flynet20 of 31
- Photo: Todd Williamson/Invision/AP21 of 31
- Photo: Terma/SL/Fame Flynet22 of 31
- Photo: BT1/WENN23 of 31
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage24 of 31
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage25 of 31
- Photo: Twitter/.26 of 31
- Photo: JXA/WENN27 of 31
- Photo: Splash News28 of 31
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP29 of 31
- Photo: @leamichele/Twitter30 of 31
Summer's heating up -- and so is Lea Michele's romance with Matthew Paetz! The "Glee" star was photographed out and about with Paetz on Friday, June 27, for the first time since news of their budding relationship broke a few weeks earlier.
The "If You Say So" singer, 27, looked ready for summer in a printed, sleeveless frock and flip-flops, while Paetz, a lifestyle coach, rocked brown pants and a denim jacket. They beamed happily at each other as they walked through what appeared to be a local park.
Michele and her new man were also photographed on a hike together in the Burbank section of Los Angeles. She wore a neon tank top and black capri leggings, while he sported black shorts and a white tank.
The duo first made headlines in early June but have kept a low profile ever since. As previously reported, they met on the set of Michele's music video for "On My Way," shortly after the "Brunette Ambition" author attended April's Coachella Music Festival in Indio, Calif. Paetz, a lifestyle coach and sometime model, appeared in the video as one of Michele's friends.
"It's still very new, but they are enjoying each other's company," a source close to the actress tells Us Weekly. "Lea's not stupid, so she's not jumping into anything. So far, it's an honest and happy relationship. Whatever his past may be, their current relationship is based on honesty."
Paetz is the first guy Michele has publicly dated since the death of her boyfriend and "Glee" costar Cory Monteith in July 2013. She said after his passing that she wasn't looking to be with anyone new for a while, but that she'd think about it when she was ready. "People have to understand that I can't be alone forever," she told Glamour. "Cory wouldn't want that."
Her romance with Paetz is just starting out, of course, but for the moment, at least, it appears to be a comfortable fit. "They are both supportive of each other and what each other has been through in the past," the Michele source tells Us. "They make a good team. Lea's friends say he's a great guy and dotes on her. Lea's found some happiness again."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »