Lena Dunham honored at university graduation ceremony
- Photo: UPA/Retna Ltd.1 of 19
- Photo: Instagram/.2 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 19
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks4 of 19
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 19
- Photo: Playboy/.6 of 19
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP7 of 19
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 19
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP9 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Flynet11 of 19
- Photo: @lenadunham/Instagram12 of 19
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 19
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage14 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP15 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Ralph/PacificCoastNews.com18 of 19
"Girls" star Lena Dunham donned a traditional cap and gown on Sunday as she was honored at a university graduation ceremony in her native New York.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
The Golden Globe-winning writer/actress was selected to receive the Barnard Medal of Distinction, the highest accolade given out by the private women's liberal arts college.
RELATED: 10 celebs to follow on Twitter
Dunham, who graduated from Ohio's Oberlin College in 2008, received the medal at Radio City Music Hall in Manhattan, and took to her Twitter page to post a photo of herself in her long, black ceremonial robe. She tweeted, "I'm a guest at Barnard College graduation today. At my own graduation I sobbed, hit my mother & fell asleep so pretty psyched for a redo."
Later in the evening, Dunham was honored again at a fundraiser she spearheaded to raise money for Brooklyn's Lutheran Medical Center.
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »