Lena Dunham slams Jezebel's unretouched Vogue photos expose
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue1 of 18
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue2 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Flynet4 of 18
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Gregory Pace/BEImages/Rex USA7 of 18
- Photo: @lenadunham/Instagram8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram9 of 18
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP10 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: LOBO/GSI13 of 18
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.14 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: @lenadunham/Instagram16 of 18
- Photo: @lenadunham/Instagram17 of 18
Don't mess with this girl. Lena Dunham isn't letting a certain feminist blog get her down, but that doesn't mean she's sitting quietly either. The "Girls" star and creator is slamming the site Jezebel for taking the time to offer a $10,000 bounty for unaltered, unretouched images of her Annie Leibovitz-shot cover spread from the February 2014 issue of Vogue.
"Some [expletive] is just too ridiculous to engage. Let's use our energy wisely, 2014," the 27-year-old wrote via Twitter on Jan. 16. "Way cooler when people do things out of pure blind spite than out of faux altruism," she later added.
Despite that plea, at least one Jezebel reader gave in. Hours later, the site had received six alleged untouched images from the shoot, including photos from Dunham's bathroom shot with "Girls" co-star Adam Driver, as well as photos of her waiting outside a train station, and sitting on top of Driver's shoulders in the middle of an NYC street. Jezebel editor Jessica Coen points out that the Golden Globe winner wasn't "radically" Photoshopped, but slight changes were made because "Vogue is not interested in reality, of course." To see the pics, click here.
The site claims the purpose of the expose was to not "shame" Dunham, but instead to show how far Vogue would allegedly go to alter pictures of a woman "who has very publicly stated that she's fine just the way she is."
As for Dunham, she finds the whole situation a waste of time and money. Shortly after hearing of the idea she tweeted to a fan: "10k? Give it to charity then just order HBO." (Dunham is often naked on her series — presumably untouched, of course.)
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Single & Fabulous
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »