LL Cool J burglary suspect pleads not guilty
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Alison Buck/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Kat Goduco/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The man accused of breaking into LL Cool J's home has pleaded not guilty to a felony burglary charge.
Jonathan E. Kirby appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday morning and entered the plea.
Kirby was arrested after the actor-rapper subdued him in his home early Aug. 22, breaking the 56-year-old's jaw, nose and ribs in the process. He was later charged with felony residential burglary and faces 38 years to life in prison if convicted, due to his lengthy criminal history.
LL Cool J, whose real name is James Todd Smith, and his family were unharmed during the break-in, and nothing was apparently taken from their home. He stars in the CBS series "NCIS: Los Angeles."
A district attorney's spokeswoman says Kirby's bail was set at $1.1 million.
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough talks about her new video series with Caress, who she's rooting for to win "DWTS"Watch Video »
We chat with Russell Brand, Jonah Hill, P. Diddy and Elizabeth Moss of "Get Him To The Greek."Watch Video »
JC Chasez dishes on dating, getting older and watching his 'N Sync bandmates settle down with Wonderwall.Watch Video »