LL Cool J burglary suspect pleads not guilty
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Alison Buck/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Kat Goduco/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: Dan Jackman/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP15 of 16
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The man accused of breaking into LL Cool J's home has pleaded not guilty to a felony burglary charge.
Jonathan E. Kirby appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom Tuesday morning and entered the plea.
Kirby was arrested after the actor-rapper subdued him in his home early Aug. 22, breaking the 56-year-old's jaw, nose and ribs in the process. He was later charged with felony residential burglary and faces 38 years to life in prison if convicted, due to his lengthy criminal history.
LL Cool J, whose real name is James Todd Smith, and his family were unharmed during the break-in, and nothing was apparently taken from their home. He stars in the CBS series "NCIS: Los Angeles."
A district attorney's spokeswoman says Kirby's bail was set at $1.1 million.
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Keira Knightley, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out all about Taylor Swift's cute date night and more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »