Lopez opens up about failed love on TV
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News1 of 10
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 10
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 10
- Photo: Ernie Stewart/Retna Ltd.5 of 10
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 10
- Photo: Mark Mainz/Invision/AP7 of 10
- Photo: PX1/WENN8 of 10
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Jennifer Lopez opened up about her failed romances with Ojani Noa, Sean 'Diddy' Combs, Cris Judd and Ben Affleck on TV at the weekend in a revealing episode of the documentary series, "Behind The Music."
Lopez, now married to singer Marc Anthony, detailed how each of her headline-making romances affected her on the show, which aired on Sunday night.
The singer/actress was married to then-waiter Noa for less than a year before the union fell apart at the start of her career, and the couple divorced in 1998. She went on to date hip-hop mogul Combs, but admits their relationship "did get sordid" after she was pulled into his infamous trial on a charge of felony gun possession. The charge was related to a highly-publicized 1999 shooting at a New York nightclub where she was present. Combs was later acquitted.
Lopez made headlines again when she married back-up dancer Judd, but the couple divorced in 2003.
It was her high-profile romance with Ben Affleck that was really life-changing, though, and she admits being dumped by the actor just days before their wedding in 2004 left her completely heartbroken.
She explains: "I don't think I had ever been heartbroken in that way before -- had so many hopes and dreams on something.
"This was the first time and it was tough. When you go through that kind of heartbreak in front of everybody you are not quite the same person you were before."
RELATED: See more pics of J.Lo
But Lopez is quick to defend her failed marriages and famous break-ups, insisting they were her way of chasing the dream romance.
She explains, "I always wanted that fairytale. It just didn't work out. But I kept trying -- you can't blame a girl for trying!"
Lopez eventually found happiness. The singer celebrated her six year wedding anniversary to Anthony last month. And she says their life together with two-year-old twins Emme and Max, is more complete than any relationship she's ever known.
She adds of being a new mom, "That's when things became really clear to me -- what love truly is. It's that pure, that unconditional, that kind."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite