Martha Stewart: I almost signed up for Match.com to find a boyfriend
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Joseph Marzullo/WENN3 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: WENN6 of 12
- Photo: BRIAN FLANNERY/Bauer-Griffin7 of 12
- Photo: CS5/C. Smith/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP9 of 12
- Photo: WENN10 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Martha Stewart's professional life has never been better. But her personal life is another story. Having already mastered the art of homemaking, the once-divorced domestic diva is now looking for someone to share that home with. And she's game for anything -- even online dating!
In a new interview with "Today" show anchor Matt Lauer to promote her latest book, "Living the Good Long Life: A Practical Guide to Caring for Yourself and Others," the 71-year-old media mogul confessed that she nearly signed up for Match.com to find a partner. "I had a longtime boyfriend," she explained. "That ended a couple years ago. And I haven't found the next Mr. Right."
Thinking he might exist somewhere on the great wide Web, Stewart started the process of signing up for the matchmaking site. But she didn't get very far.
"I started to laugh halfway down the page," she said of filling out the online application. "It was, like, impossible."
Had she gone through with it, though, she told Lauer she wouldn't have used an alias. "I want to do my real thing," she insisted.
The businesswoman was previously married to Andrew Stewart -- with whom she has a daughter, Alexis Stewart, 47 -- from 1961 to 1987. After they split, she dated actor Sir Anthony Hopkins for a time, and then computer software exec Charles Simonyi. Neither turned out to be "the next Mr. Right," but Stewart isn't calling off the search just yet.
"I love dating!" she told Lauer.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite