Mary-Kate Olsen: 'I Just Learned How to Brush My Hair'
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks5 of 18
- Photo: Full House/Promotional6 of 18
- Photo: Donato Sardella/Getty Images North America7 of 18
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP8 of 18
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 18
- Photo: Edit/Promotional10 of 18
- Photo: @ashley_olsen_official/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet12 of 18
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet13 of 18
- Photo: ABC Photo Archives/ABC/Getty Images North America14 of 18
- Photo: Matt Baron/BEImages/Rex USA15 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage16 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Hair-raising confessions! In a March 14 interview with Elle magazine, designer duo Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, both 27, reveal their hidden beauty talents… or the lack thereof. Newly-engaged sister Mary-Kate told the magazine that she feels like she has just recently learned the most basic haircare practice of all: how to brush her golden tresses.
"You know, the truth is I feel like I just learned how to brush my hair like last week!" the newly engaged twin told the magazine, laughing. While she may have been joking, it's not such a far-fetched comment given her low-key hairstyles.
Sister Ashley admitted to having a bit more talents in the beauty department. "My friend actually also made me cut her hair the other day and that didn't look too bad either," Ashley shared. "She had long hair, too. It was down to here [salutes to her belly button] and I cut it up to here [points to just below her shoulder]. She made me do it, but it looks great. I made it a blunt, A-line haircut. And then we had a professional come in after and clean it up a bit! But it was pretty good on its own."
The secret to the twins' naturally glam hairstyles isn't brushing technique or the perfect cut. Their hairstylist Mark Townsend revealed that a key product creates the perfect amount of volume and grit. "They are blessed with having great texture and natural wave in their hair, so we don't have to spend a lot of time to get that perfectly tousled look," Townsend told the Coveteur. "The biggest secret is the dry shampoo -- it gives the hair such amazing texture."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite