Matthew Perry, Lizzy Caplan quietly split, "haven't been together for a long time"
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News2 of 10
- Photo: Mark Davis/Invision/AP3 of 10
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Ltd.4 of 10
- Photo: WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Angela Weiss/Getty Images North America7 of 10
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Matthew Perry does a good job of keeping his personal life under wraps. He does such a good job, in fact, that he managed to end a long-term relationship with "Masters of Sex" star Lizzy Caplan without anyone finding out. The couple, who first started dating in 2006, quietly broke up back in 2012, a source confirms to Us Weekly.
"It happened a year and a half ago," the insider says. "They haven't been together for a long time."
Tellingly, Caplan demurred when asked about Perry during a recent interview with the U.K.'s Independent and hinted that she took pride in her anonymity. "I can stand right next to paparazzi, and I do that sometimes," she said. "I'm close with people who are far more famous, and they know how to avoid attention."
That doesn't mean she's hiding, though. The actress, who has also appeared on "True Blood" and "New Girl," was recently spotted on a date with a mystery man at Cleo at the Redbury Hotel in Hollywood.
Perry, for his part, has been busy with work and personal projects. Though his NBC sitcom "Go On" was canceled last spring after just one season, the 44-year-old actor isn't sitting idly by.
He recently turned his Malibu beach house into a sober living facility called Perry House, for men who need help transitioning from rehab to the real world. (Perry himself has a history of drug and alcohol problems.)
"The thing that I'm most proud of in my life," he told "ABC News" earlier this year, "is that if a stranger came up to me and said, 'I can't stop drinking. I can't stop drinking. Can you help me?' I can say, 'Yes, I can help you.'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite