Maxwell Drew Johnson: How Jessica Simpson Picked Her Baby's Name
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 22
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 22
- Photo: AB1/WENN3 of 22
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 22
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN5 of 22
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 22
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/WENN7 of 22
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures8 of 22
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage9 of 22
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks10 of 22
- Photo: Daily News/.11 of 22
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 22
- Photo: Sam Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 22
- Photo: Picasa/Jezebel/Elle/.15 of 22
- Photo: Jezebel/.16 of 22
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News17 of 22
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News18 of 22
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital19 of 22
- Photo: Jessica Simpson/Twitter/WENN20 of 22
- Photo: Picasa/Twitter21 of 22
Jessica Simpson's name for her baby girl, Maxwell Drew Johnson, has received mixed reviews from her fans. But the name is very special to her family!
The new mom and her fiance, Eric Johnson, welcomed Maxwell into the world on Tuesday morning. Announcing the birth on her website, the singer and designer wrote, "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby Maxwell Drew Johnson 9 pounds, 13 ounces, 21 3/4."
Both the Johnson and Simpson family names are carried on with the couple's new daughter. Maxwell is Eric's middle name and his grandmother's surname. Maxwell takes her middle name from maternal grandmother Tina Simpson, whose maiden name is Drew.
Without revealing the name, Simpson talked about the baby name in the April issue of Elle saying, "It's nothing shocking and nothing you'll have to add to the dictionary. Still, when people hear it they'll know … why."
Us Weekly Twitter followers were mixed on the name Maxwell Drew for a baby girl.
"Not loving the double masculine name," one follower tweeted. Another wrote, "Isn't the baby a girl? 'Her name sounds like a coffee brand' -- my mom.' "
But others tweeted: "Love the name" and "I love unisex names for girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best & Worst VMA
See some of the best and worst fashion from this year's nominees at previous VMAs.Watch Video »
Take a look at some of Katy Perry's most talked-about looks from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Blake Lively and Duchess Kate's growing baby bumps on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Hudson, Michelle Williams, and Paris Hilton all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Worst Fall Trends
From Jessica Simpson to Heidi Klum, check out these A-listers and their worst fall fashion duds.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian shares pictures from her recent trip to Disneyland on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »