Maxwell Drew Johnson: How Jessica Simpson Picked Her Baby's Name
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 21
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 21
- Photo: AB1/WENN3 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Juan Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 21
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN5 of 21
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN6 of 21
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/WENN7 of 21
- Photo: AAR/Fame Pictures8 of 21
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks10 of 21
- Photo: Daily News/.11 of 21
- Photo: Sam Sharma/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 21
- Photo: Fame Flynet13 of 21
- Photo: Sam Sharma/ Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 21
- Photo: Picasa/Jezebel/Elle/.15 of 21
- Photo: Jezebel/.16 of 21
- Photo: Bruja/Pacific Coast News17 of 21
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Digital18 of 21
- Photo: Jessica Simpson/Twitter/WENN19 of 21
- Photo: Picasa/Twitter20 of 21
Jessica Simpson's name for her baby girl, Maxwell Drew Johnson, has received mixed reviews from her fans. But the name is very special to her family!
The new mom and her fiance, Eric Johnson, welcomed Maxwell into the world on Tuesday morning. Announcing the birth on her website, the singer and designer wrote, "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby Maxwell Drew Johnson 9 pounds, 13 ounces, 21 3/4."
Both the Johnson and Simpson family names are carried on with the couple's new daughter. Maxwell is Eric's middle name and his grandmother's surname. Maxwell takes her middle name from maternal grandmother Tina Simpson, whose maiden name is Drew.
Without revealing the name, Simpson talked about the baby name in the April issue of Elle saying, "It's nothing shocking and nothing you'll have to add to the dictionary. Still, when people hear it they'll know … why."
Us Weekly Twitter followers were mixed on the name Maxwell Drew for a baby girl.
"Not loving the double masculine name," one follower tweeted. Another wrote, "Isn't the baby a girl? 'Her name sounds like a coffee brand' -- my mom.' "
But others tweeted: "Love the name" and "I love unisex names for girls."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
The stars of "Orange Is the New Black" take Paris by storm on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kylie Jenner's most stylish swimsuit posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See what Hugh Hefner's former girlfriend has to say on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Bares it All