Melissa Gilbert engaged to Timothy Busfield!
- Photo: Travis Wade/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Splash News3 of 5
- Photo: Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
"Little House on the Prairie" meets "Thirtysomething" ... for love! Melissa Gilbert is engaged to actor Timothy Busfield, a rep for Gilbert, 48, tells Us Weekly. It will be the third marriage for both. A mother of two, "Dancing With the Stars" alumna Gilbert's previous husbands are Bo Brinkman (they divorced in 1992) and Bruce Boxleitner (their split was finalized in 2011). A father of three, "West Wing" star Busfield, 55, has been married to Radha Delamarter and Jenny Merwin.
"They got engaged over the holidays," a source tells Us of the surprise couple. What brought the TV veterans together in the first place? "They've known each other for quite some time, as their paths have crossed off and on over the past 20 years."
The spouses-to-be celebrated their engagement Monday evening at Beverly Hills eatery Mr. Chow. Gilbert, who became a child star as Laura Ingalls on "Little House on the Prairie" in the '70s and '80s, admitted last year during her stint on "DWTS" that her split from her second husband, Boxleitner, after 16 years together, was a challenge.
"It's been hard on the kids and that's been hard to watch, but ultimately everyone's going to be fine," Gilbert, who dated Rob Lowe as a young adult, said in April 2012. "Everything takes time."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite