Michelle Obama adds to support for ABC's Robin Roberts
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com2 of 13
- Photo: Charles Dharapak/Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: AP5 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: Ida Mae Astute/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Doug Mills/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 13
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Michelle Obama is leading an outpouring of support for Robin Roberts after the "Good Morning America" news anchor's first public acknowledgement of her 10-year, same-sex relationship with massage therapist Amber Laign.
RELATED: The biggest surprises of 2013
The first lady wrote Monday on Twitter: "I am so happy for you and Amber! You continue to make us all proud."
In a Facebook post Sunday, Roberts thanked her "longtime girlfriend" for providing encouragement during Roberts' battle with myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood and bone marrow disease.
Many celebs also took to Twitter to send Roberts messages, including Ellen DeGeneres, who tweeted, "Good morning, America! Congratulations."
RELATED: The year in celebrity news
Comedian Wanda Sykes wrote, "Go on with your bad self!"
Country singer Chely Wright, who came out in 2010, also expressed support through the social media site.
Madge's Boy Toy
Madonna's younger boyfriend news all on June 28's 7 Wonders of the Wall hosted by Brian McFayden.Watch Video »
Check out what happens when a tourist bumps into a Beatle in this episode of Celebrity Encounters.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJoe and Sofia
From Crowd Ignite