Mindy Kaling debuts bangs, wanted to look like 'one of Pharrell's friends'
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram2 of 13
- Photo: Birdie Thompson/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: @mindykaling/Instagram9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Carter Smith/Elle12 of 13
Ever struggled to describe the look you're going for to your hairstylist?
Well, Mindy Kaling solved that problem for women everywhere. For a styling session for her appearance "Chelsea Lately," The "Mindy Project" star, 34, told her stylists that she wanted to look like "one of Pharrell's friends," according to her post on Instagram on April 7.
Hairstylist Clariss Rubenstein ran with it and gave Kaling bangs and long, face-framing layers, while makeup artist Katey Denno defined the star's eyes and added a bright pink lip.
The bestselling author then completed the edgy look with a Helmut Lang blazer and shirt, Marc Jacobs jewelry, and Gucci shoes.
However, the bangs were short-lived. Later that night, Kaling posted fringe-free pictures, but, at least, kept the perky pink lip.
Should Mindy get bangs for real? Tweet with @UsWeekly using #stylebyUs!
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get all the scoop on "The Bachelorette" on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Kate Hudson to Tyra Banks, check out these gorgeous stars sans makeup!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTEye Candy!
From Crowd Ignite