Mischa Barton sued over $7,000-a-month NYC rent
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Martin Roe/Retna Digital2 of 6
- Photo: Michael Loccisano/GettyImages.com3 of 6
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Digital4 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
NEW YORK (AP) -- Mischa Barton's landlord says the actress is refusing to pay rent on her $7,000-a-month apartment in New York City.
RELATED: See more pics of Mischa Barton
Landlord M.R.A. Realties Inc. says in a lawsuit that Barton rebuffed efforts to collect the last three months' worth of rent on her flat in the trendy Tribeca neighborhood.
Barton's representatives had no immediate response. The landlord wants Barton to pay the rent and legal fees.
The 23-year-old Barton also lives in Los Angeles. The lawsuit filed Thursday says her one-year lease on the Manhattan apartment began in September.
RELATED: Read more about Mischa Barton
At the time, she was in "The Beautiful Life," a CW series about the New York modeling world. The show was canceled in September.
Barton rose to fame playing Marissa Cooper on Fox's teen drama "The O.C.".
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite