'Modern Family' actress Ariel Winter removed from home amid abuse allegations
- Photo: GettyImages.com1 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 17
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Promotional10 of 17
- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com11 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: PHIL MCCARTEN/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: BOB D'AMICO/American Broadcasting Companies14 of 17
- Photo: WENN15 of 17
- Photo: DT2/WENN16 of 17
"Modern Family" star Ariel Winter is breaking free from her mom, Crystal Workman, with a little help from her older sister, Shanelle Gray, TMZ reports.
In October, shocking allegations emerged against Workman, who has reportedly been both physically and emotionally abusive towards her 14-year-old daughter. (Gray filed documents petitioning for guardianship of her younger sibling that month.)
On Nov. 7, TMZ reported that the actress had indeed been placed under her sister's temporary guardianship shortly after Gray's documents were filed. A source tells the site that a restraining order has also been put in place against Workman, who will have to stay 100 yards away from Winter.
According to TMZ's report, Gray was also removed from Workman's home as a child, and placed in foster care by the Department of Children and Family Services.
Winter, who plays brainy teen Alex Dunphy on the beloved ABC sitcom, first got her start in showbiz after landing a spot in a Cool Whip commercial when she was only 6 years old. Winter, along with the rest of the "Modern Family" cast, earned a Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Ensemble in a Comedy Series in 2011 and again in 2012.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Mandy Moore does cryo therapy, plus more stars' bizarre health and beauty practices on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
See what kinds of sweet rides Justin Bieber and more celebs tool around town in.Watch Video »
Watch this exclusive sneak peek from Monday's Sept. 10 episode on the Syfy channel at 10 PM.Watch Video »
Christina Aguilera chats with Lance Bass about performing at the AMAs, her new album and a lot more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite