Moss' Thai vacation 'ruined by festive booze binge'
- Photo: Top Shop/Promotional1 of 5
- Photo: Camera Press/James Peltekian/Retna Ltd.2 of 5
- Photo: Camera Press/James Veysey/Retna Ltd.3 of 5
- Photo: Gregorio Binuya/Retna Ltd.4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur BillsMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Jesse Metcalfe to Star in 'Dead Rising' After Being Killed Off on 'DallasMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 4:01:00 PM
- ABC Orders Family Comedy Pilot From Mandeville, Fred GossMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Lena Dunham Changes Her Mind, Will Pay Performers on Her Book TourMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:52:00 PM
- 'Magic Mike XXL' Adds Elizabeth Banks and Donald GloverMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Taylor Swift's Personal Services Company Sued for Allegedly Bailing on Chauffeur Bills
Supermodel Kate Moss suffered a costly Christmas hangover: An alcohol-fueled festive period reportedly forced her to cancel a $40,000 trip to Thailand.
The British beauty regularly jets to the luxury Thai island of Koh Sumui at the end of each year for a sun-soaked vacation.
But despite being renowned for her hard-partying ways, Moss allegedly fell ill on Christmas Day after an indulgent morning of eating and drinking. The catwalk queen reportedly felt so unwell the following day, her rocker boyfriend Jamie Hince banned her from boarding a plane, forcing her to cancel her flights, as well as those she had booked for four pals.
RELATED: Kate Moss photos
And it wasn't only Moss' health that took a beating over the holidays. Her purse is said to be $40,000 lighter after airline and hotel bosses refused to reimburse the star for the last-minute cancellation, according to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "Kate goes away every New Year and booked this year's trip over four months ago. Unfortunately she rather over-indulged during the festive period, stuffing herself with turkey and all the trimmings, booze and Christmas pud.
"After drinking champagne from 10am onwards, she felt really ill all afternoon. Her rocker boyfriend Jamie Hince told Kate in no uncertain terms that she would not be flying anywhere."
"Annoyingly she can't get a refund so, after forking out for more flights, she has been joking that it's the $40,000 hangover! All things considered, she has taken it really well."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite