Pamela Anderson's Nearly Naked PETA Ad Banned in Canada
- Photo: PETA/Promotional1 of 9
- Photo: Robert Keshishian / London Ent./Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: RD/ Erik Kabik/Retna Ltd.3 of 9
- Photo: Wonderwall4 of 9
- Photo: Mike/Fame Pictures5 of 9
- Photo: Janet Mayer/Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 9
Rejected! Pamela Anderson flew to Montreal to unveil her newest vegetarian campaign for PETA Thursday, but Canadian officials denied a permit for the event at the last minute, claiming her nearly-nude ad is sexist.
Anderson, 43, poses in a bikini with her body marked off in "rump," "ribs" and "breast." The ad's logo reads, "All Animals Have the Same Parts."
"In a city that is known for its exotic dancing and for being progressive and edgy, how sad that a woman would be banned from using her own body in a political protest over the suffering of cows and chickens," Anderson said in a statement released to UsMagazine.com. "In some parts of the world, women are forced to cover their whole bodies with burqas -- is that next? I didn't think that Canada would be so puritanical."
A Montreal official explains the reason behind turning down the permit: "It is not so much controversial, as it goes against all principles public organizations are fighting for in the everlasting battle of equality between men and women."
Snipes PETA senior vice president Dan Mathews: "I think that city officials are confusing 'sexy' with 'sexist.'"
The ad launch party will be held in a restaurant instead of a public venue now.
This isn't Anderson's first PETA ad that has raised ire; in September 2009, the CNN Airport Network refused to air a video of her stripping to raise awareness for the animal-rights group.
More on Wonderwall:
More from Us:
From Our Partners
- Floyd Mayweather Sued for $20 Million By Ex-Girlfriend He Abused
- Kim Kardashian Sparks a Cosmetic Surgery Trend
- Kim Kardashian Insists North West Will Need to Get a Job
- Kris Jenner's New Boyfriend Claims Kanye and Kim Don't Spend Much Time Together
- Kylie Jenner Says She Has To Act Fake For The Kardashian Image
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »