Paris Hilton Peeved During GMA Interview, Stops Midway Through
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 2
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Things got downright uncomfortable during Paris Hilton's interview with ABC's Dan Harris Wednesday, when the journalist asked the socialite if her pop culture spotlight has dimmed with the rise of other reality personalities.
"The celebutante marketplace has become rather crowded since Paris Hilton burst onto the scene in the late 1990s," Harris says in the piece. "People like Hilton's former protégé and sometimes 'frenemy' Kim Kardashian have been eating up a lot of the oxygen, with hit reality shows and a mountain of magazine covers."
During the chat, conducted at Hilton's new Los Angeles home, Harris noted how while Hilton is clearly the original celebutante, ratings for her new show, "The World According to Paris," have been awful, leading to speculation the girl known for saying "That's hot" has cooled off considerably.
"Do you worry at times that the people who have followed in your footsteps, like Kim Kardashian, are overshadowing you?" Harris asked.
"No, not at all," a sullen Hilton replied, noting that she's not discouraged by the show's low ratings to-date.
Harris pressed on: "Do you ever wonder...about your moment having passed?"
At that point, a peeved Paris peered off-screen, leading to what Harris called "a long, heated conversation with Hilton and her publicist" before taping of the segment resumed.
The chat ended on friendly terms, Harris said, as he took a tour of her mansion and even received a hug from the heiress as he left.
The season finale of "The World According to Paris" airs on Oxygen Wednesday at 10/9c.
RELATED ON RADAR:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStunning Shots
From Crowd Ignite