'Parks and Recreation' Actress: I'm An Idiot For Not Knowing Who Ryan Gosling Was
- Photo: WENN/Wireimage/.1 of 20
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG2 of 20
- Photo: Dean/Bryan/National Photo Group/.3 of 20
- Photo: Dean, Chris Behnke/NPG/.4 of 20
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet5 of 20
- Photo: RebeccaPeloquin/Fame Flynet6 of 20
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin9 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: Splash News11 of 20
- Photo: Allpix/Splash News12 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Carolyn Kaster/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN16 of 20
- Photo: HBE/HSS/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: MWB/RSG/ZOJ/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP19 of 20
By Scott Huver
"Parks and Recreation" star Aubrey Plaza is still kicking herself for not recognizing the handsome A-list fan who approached her: hunky Ryan Gosling.
RELATED: Hollywood's 50 Hottest Bachelors
"I had a funny thing with Ryan Gosling once, where he approached me at a juice bar and I didn't recognize him, because I'm an idiot," says Plaza, who stars on the NBC sitcom and headlines the quirky indie film "Safety Not Guaranteed," in theaters June 8.
"He approached me and said, 'I'm a really big fan of the show.' I said, 'Thanks. You look really familiar. I know -- we know each other.' He was like, 'No, we don't.' I was like, 'Yeah -- have we worked together? Are you an actor?' He goes, 'Yes.' 'What's your name?' 'Ryan.' I still didn't get it. I still had no idea who he was."
RELATED: Ryan Gosling on a motorcycle
Plaza says at that point she realized Gosling was having a little fun by leaving her hanging. "He was kind of looking at me, kind of smirking and I was like, 'No. We know each other,'" she recalls. "He said, 'I'm telling you, we don't know each other, but I'm a really big fan of the show.' I was like, 'OK, Ryan the Actor, whoever you are. I know we know each other.' Then he left, and then a second later I was like, 'Oh my God, that was Ryan Gosling! I'm an a------.'"
The story was a stunner for her Gosling-obsessed friends, says Plaza. "Everyone was like, 'How could you do that?'" Her excuse? "I was just so focused on getting a smoothie."
Now that she's realized who he is, the comedienne did want to offer a personal message to her famous fan: "Ryan, I'm so sorry. I'll see you at the altar."
RELATED: Ryan Gosling Rocks
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George Clooney to Christian Bale, check out the hunky leading men who've played Batman through the years.Watch Video »
"Pretty Little Liars" star Shay Mitchell shares stunning photos from her Indonesian Island getaway on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Chris Evans and Chris Pratt's rivalry and their philanthropic wager on Replay.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Ryan Seacrest shows off his new puppy and his singing skills on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »