Paula Abdul Gets Testy With David Letterman Over X Factor Vs American Idol
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News3 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: NC1/NYG/CBS/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: ADAM ROUNTREE/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: J.P. Filo/CBS/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: CBS/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: John Sciulli/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: AD3/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com15 of 16
Things got a little testy between David Letterman and Paula Abdul in her Tuesday appearance on The Late Show to promote her new show, The X Factor.
Letterman bluntly told the sexy judge her new show "looks just like American Idol," to which Abdul replied, "It's so not!"
"How is it not?” Letterman said. “You have Simon, and you, and then a guy who looks exactly like Randy Jackson (He meant L.A. Reid) ... you go places -- you go to church basements and rotary clubs -- you get kids out, you get grownups out [dancing, singing] ... you get ‘em to Hollywood and you have a weekly competition where the viewers gets to vote who will return.
"Now, tell me: How is that not American Idol?” Letterman asked.
"I'm not going with that," an irritated Abdul shot back at told Letterman. “Can I talk? I feel like you're Simon Cowell reincarnated; now, if you want to let me talk for one second -- mister.”
Abdul, for her part, cited The X Factor's grand prize is a $5 million recording contract to American Idol's $1 million, as well as a Pepsi Super bowl commercial for the lucky one.
The X Factor -- which has been a hit in the UK for several years, spawning pop star Leona Lewis -- premieres Wednesday at 8/7c on Fox.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »