Phillip Phillips Post-Surgery: 'I'm recovering really well ... I'm taking it easy'
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: MICHAEL WILLIAMS/StarTraks4 of 9
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN.com/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Reporting by Heather Newgen
What a whirlwind of a month it has been for 21-year-old "American Idol" champ Phillip Phillips. After being crowned the show's latest victor, he underwent surgery to treat his severe kidney stones. Now that this Georgia peach is on the mend, Phillips caught the Los Angeles premiere of "The Amazing Spider-Man," where he talked to Wonderwall all about his recovery and his excitement over the "Idol" summer tour.
Wonderwall: I understand you're going on tour soon. Tell me about that.
Phillip Phillips: Yeah, the tour kicks off July 6, and it's going to be a lot of fun. It's going to be a lot of different kinds of music all throughout the show. I'm excited to jam out with the guys up onstage.
WW: How are you feeling after your surgery? Are you well enough to go out on the tour?
PP: Yeah, I'm feeling really well. I'm taking it easy, and also I'm trying to get a lot of stuff done -- you know, the album and everything. I'm trying to push myself, but also take it easy.
WW: Are your doctors freaking out about the tour? Do they want you to lay low a little bit longer?
PP: Not really. I'm recovering really well -- a lot better than they thought. They said to do what I can, but don't overdo it.
RELATED: Who Said It? 'American Idol' edition
WW: Do you think the surgery was more emotionally draining or physically?
PP: A little bit of both. It was a lot more complicated than they thought so it's a little bit of both.
WW: But you look so well. What's your trick to recovering so quickly?
PP: I have no idea. I'm trying to eat as much as I can. I love food, so I'm trying to gain some weight back.
Get out the vote
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite